Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT)  

Posted by DJLIM

Well I finally received my UMAT practice exam booklet through the internet! For some reason I was to lazy to drive to the nearest bookstore to find a UMAT book since due to incredibly insane price of oil in AUS plus the additional burden of having a really weak MAS ringgit, I was force to limit my adventures outside! Hahahaha! So thank you Australia Post for saving me from financial ruin!

Hahaha! Anyway back to the test. For those of you that do not know UMAT is basicaly one of the various troublesome requirements that a person have to undergo before that they can apply for any medical or science base courses in universities in Victoria. Hence yours truly have to take it since I am trying to get a place in dental health next year or maybe medicine if I get unexpectedly very high results! But to honestly tell you my hole in the pocket is seriously burn after spending 75 bucks just to apply (its actually 50% higher then that but since I am technically 'poor' here , i got a health card that allows me to pay half the amount! Hahahahaha!)

Going through the exam question its really weird because instead of all this really tough science base question I was expecting it was more like an aptitude/IQ/general knowledge test! Wow I thought to myself that this may be tricky and it was! Hahahaha! but its kinda fun answering the question because its the semester break right now and I seriously do not want to restudy the chemistry of what type of DNA is heavier again! So below are some sample questions from the EASY sections that I think can give you my fellow readers a good idea on what its is about! Enjoy!

Example Questions — Section 1
Botanists studied a rainforest in Nicaragua that had been
ravaged by Hurricane Joan in 1988. They found that in the
following ten years the number of tree species had increased by
at least 200%, and up to 300%, in eight storm-affected plots.
Other plots not affected by the hurricane showed little if any such
increase.
1 From this information, it can be concluded that
A hurricanes play an important role in ensuring the
long-term survival of tropical rainforests.
B when the dominant trees in an area of tropical
rainforest are destroyed, other species are given a
chance to flourish.
C the overall life of a tropical rainforest is increased if
large areas are occasionally levelled to the ground.
D the productivity of a tropical rainforest will be
maximised if large areas are occasionally levelled to


Example Questions — Section 2
Bob’s wife, Mary, has been in hospital recovering from a heart
attack. The doctor informs Bob that she is now well enough to
return home, although she will need to ‘take things easy for a
while’.
Bob: I’m glad she can come home now Doctor, but I’m not
sure I can look after Mary by myself. We live on our own, you
know.
Doctor: Bob, it’s natural to feel a little anxious, but the best
thing for Mary will be to be back in her own environment.
1 In his response, the doctor has
A not realised that Bob is concerned.
B not really dealt with Bob’s concerns.
C responded to Bob’s concerns effectively.
D made Bob feel bad about being concerned.
2 Following the doctor’s reply, Bob is likely to feel
A relieved.
B empowered.
C embarrassed.
D apprehensive.

Hahaha there are a lot more question from where that came from so i seeing that I can't really copy down all the sample question I suggest anybody intersted should visit here http://umatweb.acer.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=3
Ok thats all seeya!

This entry was posted on 7:58 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments