A Summer Uni Enrollment  

Posted by DJLIM

I had recently went to enrolled at Deakin University for my course and for all intent purposes it was a really blistering, excruciating, exhausting, perspiring, and very uncomfortable day. After all it was around 1.00pm went I head off to Deakin under a shocking 42 degree Celsius temperature. It was not my kind of day and it did not really help as I got lost momentarily in this surprisingly large 27ha+ campus. And like most people asking directions was a main priority. It was then I regretted NOT attending the university numerous open days and information sessions before hand. But it was a minor inconvenience.

Registering was fairly simple process and the staff was especially helpful and very friendly, especially a lady by the named of Joanna who I believe was career adviser.

The only snag was when it came to choosing my units for my first year which turn out to be more complicated then I thought. It is not that I had no inkling of what units to do (Accountant with CA recognition) but was the actual versatility on offer. The great advantage of doing a double degree can also be a drawback which its versatility because with the great flexibility to choose the units we also have an enormous responsibility to plan our courses ourselves.

However all in all it was a really cool day, well except for the hellish temperature and mange to meet some new friends as well though I now wish my student card look a lot better! (damn why must the lady take my picture without allowing me time to get ready!)

Sigh the hot temperature is killing me right now....

This entry was posted on 9:21 PM and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments