Melbourne Earthquake (Proper Update)  

Posted by DJLIM


Well by now most of Melbourne and Victoria has mange to wrap their heads around the fact an earthquake of about 4.6-4.7 on the Richter scale has hit Victoria. The strongest earthquake in a while. Base on the news the epicenter was Korumburra but with tremors felt as far as Belmont and of course my area (Glen Waverly) got a little shook up.

It was around 8.58pm when I started hearing my roof creak and groan like a dozen hungry possums were running on it and then a second later, my sofa and other areas around my house started rumbling,shaking and even dancing for about 5 seconds and boy it was a seriously 'EXCITING' 5 seconds of my life.

The revelation that it was an earthquake did not come to me until I went online and most of my friends said that they felt tremors as well, later news reports came up with reports on the tremors felt and the I just realize ........" I have no earthquake insurance".



Man after the devastating bush fires in February now Melbournians have to go a round with earthquakes in March! What April gonna bring? Floods,hails,tsunamis!?!?!?!

I just hope that the cracks in walls is all that there is to worry about this time in this city of extremes.

This entry was posted on 7:19 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments