The Challenge Begins!!!  

Posted by DJLIM

This year I am entering the Chartered Accountant Student Challenge which is open to all open for university students from 1st years to 5th years but more targeted for students in Commerce or business students.

For your information this challenge is basically encouraging uni students in groups of one to four to help solve a business problem regarding participating non-governmental organizations (NGO). Winners of the challenge will not only get the chance some really cool Apple Laptops or an iPhone THE main prize is a designer suit from Farage to wear to the Ultimate Power Lunch at Sydney's exclusive Level 41 restaurant. Here they will present their submission to the CEO of Cancer Council Australia and a selection of senior managers from Mars, Woolworths, Qantas and BT Financial Group as well as partners from the big 4 accounting firms. And to make the prize even sweeter the winner gets to be flow overseas to major business capitals around the world! London,new York,Shanghai you name it.

So in other words this is an actual real life business challenge for uni students and I am so psyched. Though I know most students that join this challenge are usually in their second,third or even honour year students,I just hope my first year team would really help me get through this. Challenges and obstacles are abound and my first blow cam sooner then expected as Esther (the only person that had uni accounting experience) can't enter due to a technical legality of needing to be over 18. Sigh however I am more then confident that I and my remaining team can pull out something out of this.

Then again all I am looking for is to gain some experience on what it takes to be accountant. =)

This entry was posted on 5:10 PM and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Hi there, what is the URL? sounds exciting!

Um hi but before that do i know you?